Wednesday, June 20, 2007

When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do

Today is going to be a rough day. It’s a day of fasting, and everything is conspiring against me. There’s a luncheon at church. And then, Chance comes in and offers me an oatmeal cream pie, and man do I love an oatmeal cream pie. But that’s not the half of it.

A few weeks ago, Joe was having some trouble in a swimming pool at a friend’s house and I had to jump in after him, clothes and all. It wasn’t as bad as I thought, and Joe got right back in. Anyhoo, my cell phone was drenched.

I have a potentially worse cell phone problem now. We had cheesecake at Lead Team last night, and generally I was a good boy, ate my piece and left it at that. But on the way out, Lacy offered me another piece and what could I do?

I put it on the seat next to me for the ride home. I had a few calls to make and then put the phone down. Had another call to make, and realized my cell phone had stuff all over it. Cheesecake, with chocolate sauce. I cut my lip trying to get it all off.

So, please, no one call me; I’m fasting and my cell-phone smells like cheesecake.

2 comments:

DGH said...

That is funny...Tiffany just told me that she dropped her cell phone into the toilet.....and it was not clean...the toilet that is, heh... so I have not been able to call her either, heh.

Melissa K. said...

I have really funny people in my life (thank GOD!) and I've decided I need to start compiling a book of quotes..."Please don't call me because my cell phone smells like cheesecake." would definitely make my book. It would still come after "I believe in the holy Methodist church." Hee hee hee hee hee