Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Job Site Blues

I called Steve McKinney on Monday. I worked for him one summer, and I well remember hard work on hot days. I knew he and the boys were going to be up on a roof, and Monday was looking to be hot. I left him a message that said something like this: "Hey Steve, I know it's a hot day, and you're on the roof, to boot. I just wanted to call and say I appreciate how much you do, and the hard work. So I am going to go into a nice air-conditioned room, to keep cool for you guys. I just wanted to let you know that someone is thinking about you and appreciating you guys..."

He called back and he wasn't too happy. All I could say was sometimes you gotta bow up and take one for the team, and I was just the man to do it. I don't think I'll be invited to the Christmas party this year...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, now after all this time, I find you can be incredibly cruel. :o)
Good one, buddy. Kinda like my style of game...