Saturday, July 14, 2007

Love Songs

Today, love songs make me sick.

Part of that is that I keep listening to one of Melissa's favorite songs, "Patience," by Guns N Roses. Yikes, that really summed things up for us at the beginning of our relationship.

I know I need to stop listening to it. when she was diagnosed, I sat down and picked out Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game," and I need to quit playing that. In fact, I may just need to give my guitar to someone until this crap passes.

And me and Brandon (my brother-in-law) are going to see Allison Krauss week after next. So I guess i will get my fill of mournful songs. Do I dare go see John Prine in the Ville in September?

But, then, it does pass in pieces even today; that is, when I learned to play "Patience" (Jon McKinney got me the music off the internet, which I was not really aware of back then...), and played it for Melissa she was touched and laughed because I screwed part of it up. So I showed her and jumped into the next song off the "Lies" CD, "I Used to Love Her, But I Had to Kill Her." So I guess we were always laughing, even when we were serious!

And then here's what's making it alright: I was looking at Pedro Blanco's pictures. You'll notice a girl some of you may not know-- blonde hair, brown top. She just crops up every so often. I think he likes her or something-- she's Peter's sweetie, Jackie. It was a good wedding for me to do, soon after Sissy died. Glad they let me in on it. It affirmed me; if i had backed out for reasons everyone would understand, I think I would have taken some serious steps backwards. So thanks, Peter and Jackie! She doesn't mind when I stand outside his window and say, "Hey Peter, man! Check out the chick on channel 9...."

4 comments:

maggie said...

do you travel around trying to find guys named peter so you can do that? that impression was so dead-on that i can still hear it, and it still makes me giggle. poor jackie.

chad said...

I remember being WAY to excited about doing "patience" back in college at a worship service when our pastor was talking about dating....

jackie said...

Hahaha...I was just doing that same impression the other day in the car to Peter. Too funny!

Brokenness-Quebrantado said...

Aaron, I found your blog and I was glad that I am not the only pastor expressing his ideas, thoughts,comments and life on the web. Today I heard from you from a really good friend of mine. Praying for what God has in mind....