Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Life in the 05:Catcalls

A month or so ago, Laura G comes in and says something like, "I got 2 'hey babys' and a growl," on her way from the Rescue Mission to the Rock. A few days ago, Jessica read some guys the riot act for saying something to one of the 12th Street Girls, and then Sunday night after we worked in the garden, she herself was propositioned.

I was feeling left out. But not anymore. I was on my bike just half an hour ago, and a car full of women comes by and the one in the front passenger seat says, "Hey baby! Why don't you park that thang at my house?" I took one look at her and all I could think about was ZZ Top's song "Under Pressure." Worst part was, I was headed their way. Every stop sign I caught up to them. I finally headed down a side street to get away...

Found my way to Capn's house, and figured he's save me if it came to that.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Uh huh.

I'm supposed to believe that wasn't Carlotta & McDonald?

Whatever.

Unknown said...

Well, at least they LOOKED atcha...
:o)

Aaron said...

but dudes, here's my point-- not the kind you want looking at you. Lorda mercy. Rough. Like hurt you real bad kind of rough. And that makes me wonder-- what is it exactly they see in me? I ain't lovin' life here, pals.