Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Advance Notice

Ok, so my book of John Donne's poems has a renaissance painting on it, "Venus Disarming Cupid." She's naked. Get over it. On the way into church, Sunday, I hear Joe giggling. I look back and he has the book and breast-fed baby that he was, you can imagine his commentary. He asks me, "What book is this, Daddy."

"A book of poems," I say.

"I like poems!"

"Yeah, I bet you do, chief."

So, to all of the children's workers. If Joe says, "My daddy has a book with a naked woman on the front," you know where he's coming from.

1 comment:

Melissa K. said...

And his children's pastor thanks you for the heads up. I'll make sure I send out a memo to all the children's workers. Are you laughing and slapping your knee yet? This is The Rock...we don't send memos!!! Ohh...I love that part. Good grief...