Saturday, October 07, 2006

She's Doing Fine

Melissa came out of surgery fine. She didn't go completely under. She is sore from where they removed the port and put in the new line. The procedure seemed more like an interruption in the day than anything else. It just took longer at the office. We were happy that she didn't have much pain. Hopefully this clears up the infection. Before she went in, the idea of having to do it was aggravating her. She wants to be done with all this, wants to get to feeling better, not go to the clinic everyday. It keeps coming back to: you can get thru the huge stuff ok, but things like this are insult to injury. It's one thing to have to face one big issue. Or a really huge issue. But really huge issues come with every kind of smaller issue, and it takes a lot of endurance to see past each day's inconvenience and discomfort.

When we got home, I took the boys down to the creek. We were pretty quickly led away from interest in the clay bank by finding other things, namely an arrowhead and some bones.

It looks like an arrowhead, but it doesn't, so maybe it isn't. It's the right shape, looks like it has been worked, but something about the back, where it would fit the shaft doesn't seem right, or looks only half-right. The rocks around the creek are perfect for making arrows. I think there must have been a whole lot more people in North America than we think, or all they did was make arrows.

We also found some bones. I am guessing they are a hip and thigh from a deer. They were right by the water, couldn't find anything else. I wonder if something dragged that part of the deer to the water. Or perhaps the bones have been long buried and the recent floods exposed them?

1 comment:

Jim Grayson said...

Hi, brother. This ia all new to me, very awkward, doing a blog. At any rate, I felt you could see what I'm wanting to say easier thgis way than with email. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, the name "A Freshening Wind" is reborn, with my blog "afresheningwind.blogspot.com". I'll occasionally post something whenever our Lord leads. I pray He gets the glory.
I'm praying for you guys. Melissa's such a tough little gal. Bless her heart.
Take care, my brother.
You all have my love.
Jim