Saturday, October 14, 2006

Let's See...

In the strange world of bone marrow transplant, Melissa is doing well while still battling infections and the occasional debilitating stomach cramps. Her counts are good, and her platelets actually came up! They were 24 Wed, 38 Friday, and she didn't get any since Monday. Could be a fluke, but Dr. Herzig says she is making them, but not enough yet. Melissa kept syaing if they were going to take the spleen, hurry up and do it, but it looks like patience may be winning out.

Did I mention her platelets were up?

We ask for continued prayers. It's a long haul. We're about halfway thru the normal recovery time, so keep praying and seding Melissa cards:
2041 Osprey Cover
Shelbyville, KY 40065

John, Joe, and I are heading to Texas week after next, for my grandparents' 60th anniversary! Lots of family the boys have not seen in a while.

I am preaching the revival services at Trinity United Methodist in Winchester, KY tomorrow thru Wed at 6:30 each evening. I am looking forward to it, not just in terms of getting back to Winchester, but also because I have wanted to do some revival preaching for a long time. We'll see what the Lord has planned.

2 comments:

DGH said...

Great news! We sure do love yall! Take care and know we and God are with you! Oh and kiss the ground in the Promise Land for me while your in TX! ;)

Jim Grayson said...

I'm glad to see things are coming along. That's the way I'm looking at it, brother.
It will be good for you and the lads to see TX. I know you'll enjoy it. Also, you might want to give the address of the church in Winchester so folks might be able to come and hear you preach, including me. And does one have to dress up, or is casual okay?
I love you guys, always.