Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sweet Boys

A friend said to me yesterday something like, “the boys have Melissa's sunshine face, so it must be a real joy to walk into the house and see them.” Absolutely. Whoever comes home first, me or them, there is a big welcome. It's been that way since they were very small. It's pretty special.

Melissa went to the clinic Friday, and her platelets are holding steady, down a little bit, but not drastically. All the other levels are looking good. She has more energy. To wit: Friday afternoon, she and I went and got the boys' school supplies. This is for real-- John starts Kindergarten, so it felt different to get those kind of school supplies. I was so glad that Melissa was able to go with me and even walk thru Wal-Mart! I know it meant a lot to her, too.

Then yesterday, we took the boys to get their hair cuts. After that we went to let them get their back packs for school. Then we went to Barnes and Noble (a favorite hangout for the whole family). It was raining a little bit so I ran John and Joe up to the door, and Melissa was behind, walking a little more slowly. John reached out his arms, as if to say, “Come on, Mommy!” Then he ran out into the rain to get her. He waited at the edge of the sidewalk with his arms out. I guess words can't do justice to the sweetness of the picture.

1 comment:

DGH said...

Man I miss those good old Barnes and Noble momets with yall love yall and praying for ya!