Thursday, August 24, 2006

No Title, Which is a Title...

Melissa has been fighting a staph infection the past few days. She had a high fever, but no other symptoms and her labs looked normal. But then blood cultures showed something, most likely staph. So she is on a strong iv antibiotic.

Last night her fever broke, which is hopefully a good thing.

Staph infection sounds horrible, but there's many different kinds, and as she has not been admitted to the hospital, we're hoping it's minor and over with quickly. It's one of those OMDTs. But we had a good time in prayer, and you always find the truth with Jesus; so often we fool ourselves, or we say things that aren't true to make others (and ourselves!) feel better. But the Psalms especially are honest about the battle and the fear and the trials-- and about God and His mercies, His grace, His ministries.

When I came in from prayer meeting last night, the boys were in bed, sort of. They had a lamp on and had my Willie Nelson song book out. “Sing us a song out of this book.” So I sang “Yesterday's Wine,” my favorite Willie song. Then “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.” Then I went with some Bob Wills, “Still Waters,” “I Wonder if You Feel the Way I Do?” and ended with “Dusty Skies.” I could feel them fall asleep in my arms.

1 comment:

DGH said...

I am not sure, but a Happy Trails in there might have been appropiate too, heh.... Man, I kind of miss Bob Wills Days back home...some one told me that it has changed from the West Texas form of "Marty Graw" to an event that actually does honor his music and life...I sure would love to go back...

Yall are in our prayers and man I sure miss you and need to get down there to take you out to eat...or at the very least give you a hug. Brayn Sims and I were tlaking about how you need to meet a friend of his that has a passion for doing youth ministry in downtown Lex...you really need to get in tough with Brayn Sims (not sure if you know him from Seminary or not...but just email me an dI can get you his contact info...take care!