Sunday, August 06, 2006

Birthday After

Joe had a really good birthday. It was a special day for him-- Waffle House, swimming, family, cake, presents. At one point, someone asked him why was he getting so many presents? He said, “Because everybody loves me.” True; he is surrounded by love.

Melissa was very tired; she had a long morning at the clinic and as soon as she got home, we ate lunch and opened presents. But, she seems to be ok and her platelets were at 29. Slowly but surely. But it's easy to get caught up in this or that piece of data. It can send a mood up or down. And we have to keep in mind we're always looking at more than platelets or magnesium levels. Healing. We're waiting for healing.

Joe slept with Melissa for a while last night. The boys came and piled in her bed and when I told them it was time to go down, Joe balked. “Mommy needs a bear to sleep with.” I call the boys “bears,” and what do you do when he says something so cute. So I told Melissa I would come get him when he fell asleep. John was pretty jealous. I told him we would take turns.

Well, I get up a little bit later to go get Joe. John says, “If Joe is crying, bring him down here. If he isn't crying, let him stay there.” John did a good job of making it a special day for Joseph. Joseph woke up this morning, and remembered a good day: “Thank you for my power rangers and my raptor.”

No comments: