Monday, May 21, 2007

A Ring

A few years ago, Melissa bought me a simple ring. Silver, with Hebrew on it, “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.”

The ring did not fit, so she sent it back to get another size. It didn’t fit either, and then for whatever reason we did not do anything with it. Anyway, as we were getting things ready to put on Melissa in the coffin, we found it in her little box with her wedding ring. I picked it up, thinking that she had just sent it back. There it was. And I remembered what the deal was. It did not fit on my right hand. I slipped it on my left hand, above my wedding ring. I guess it looks kind of goofy there, but it fits.

1 comment:

DGH said...

I think that a goofy ring might just match your goofy personality, heh... and yes it takes one to know one.