Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Live Shows; being an addendum to a previous post

Back in the summer, Charles Brockwell let me have his two tix to see Willie Nelson in Louisville. Melissa was slated to go, but she was not up to it, so me and her brother went. It was a great show, one of the best I have ever been to. Willie Nelson has forgotten more about playing guitar than most folks know.

Willie bought the small Methodist church where he grew up, because it closed and he wanted the town to still have a church. I thought about bum-rushing the stage, telling him my story like Ralphie in Christmas Story getting his request out to Santa.

But then I thought: those are Dr. Brockwell’s tickets, and when the newspaper headlines are: METHODIST PASTOR RUSHES STAGE; BEGS WILLIE: “BUY MY CHURCH!!!” I knew people would say, “Wait a minute, doesn’t Charles have season tickets to shows at the Performing Arts Center? No, it couldn’t be! Could it?”


I’m always looking out for you, Dr. Brockwell!

1 comment:

Lew said...

Willie Nelson is a good guitar player? That's awesome! I always thought he'd be like Cash--basic and terriffically cool.

I love those old sinners! They're the best. Give this old punk Rocker Cash.