Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Being There

Last Saturday, John and I went to see Blue Man Group in Louisville. We saw them in Vegas at my little brother’s wedding. It seems like maybe that will be something we do together whenever we can. Anyway, it was a good show, but mostly good for hanging out, and it strikes me that the fun was going in and coming out, talking, remembering the trip to vegas. John said something about that Blue Man show being the time we came up with a silly name. He asked why I always call him and Joe silly names. I said because they teach that at Daddy School, and that you have to say them all the time because when they get older they won’t want to be called silly names anymore.

“What do you mean?” John asked.

“Well, when you’re 10, I don’t think you’ll want me to call you ‘booberry’ in front of your friends.”

“I don’t want to be 10, then.”

No comments: