Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Birth of Cool

Back in October, we went to Texas to visit my folks. One day, I took Joe to Barnes and Noble and we took my dad’s truck—a red, Hank Hill truck, no less!

What you have to know: if you want to see a cool show, go with my Uncle Tim. He tried to get me to see Poco with him when I was 16, but you couldn’t teach me anything. I was a metal-head and was surely not going to a show with 200 people for some fruit band. And now, all I really like is a small show. Anyhoo, Tim and I did see Bob Dylan and Tom Petty, and that was off the charts awesome. So my dad is out in Cali and he goes to see Steve Miller with Uncle Tim.

We get in the truck and my dad has a Steve Miller CD in there. We put it in, and Joe loves it (no denying him) and he starts tapping his hand on the door through the open window.

A few days ago, Joe and I are going down the road and “Take the Money and Run” comes on. Joe says, “Hey, we listened to that in Texas Papa’s truck! Turn it up, Daddy!”

No comments: