Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pastor Libre

I'm getting the boys ready for school.
My friend Misty Clark's dad is a Methodist preacher in Western Kentucky. He and some other guys do this thing called tag-team preaching. One of them gets up and preaches and when he can't go anymore or another preacher gets worked up, they tag and the next guy comes in and wears it out. This is a country Methodist, a Pentecostal, and two Baptists, one black, one white, so you know there is some real roof-raising preaching going on. Anyway, I have wanted to do this ever since Misty told me about it. If I really let myself go, I dream of wearing a mask and calling myself "Pastor Mysterio," after my favorite wrestler, Rey Mysterio. Anyway.

So, I cooked breakfast for the boys. We sit down and it is clear these ain't Mammaw's eggs. John says, "Daddy, you cook like Nacho." Nacho being Jack Black's character in Nacho Libre, a monk who dreams of being a luchador (Mexican wrestler) but is relegated to cooking for the priests and the orphans. He's no good at it, of course. We got to laughing about all the funny things we remember from the movie. John asks, "Why can't we just have salad?"

3 comments:

DGH said...

I would go in the ring any day with you my friend...as a team that is...and yes, I can teach you how to cook like the wind! just let me know and I will bring a cooking class to you!

Lew said...

don't you know i have had diarrhea since last easters?

Unknown said...

Nachoooooooooooooooooooooo