Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Stuff

I have been chewing on something Melissa said a few weeks ago, something about getting thru the worst of the stomach pain by praying and hearing God say something like "Haven't I always been here? You wouldn't have made it in life even to the age where you got cancer if I hadn't been there." I wonder what kind of answer that is, and how does it make a difference? I know it does, but I wonder how? I wonder how in the spiritual life when you confront difficult issues, acceptance and honesty are so comforting whereas in the simple things, or the mundane things, acceptance and honesty are seen as painful, naive, and cruel?

She has scans December 1st. Just in time for the holidays, she says wryly.

You have to be thankful when things are going ok and you can't really think of what you're thankful for. And you have to be thankful when there's nothing.

No comments: